Friday, March 13, 2009

PlayGroups Or PlayGround

On both tuesday and thursday Kai and I went to playgroups. Tuesdays is the 3 year old group. I actually really like everyone who's been there... I'm not sure they like us, but they have been very nice and welcoming. Kai has been on a bit of a crazy streak. If another kid walks over to him, he for some reason expects that they are going to take away whatever he is playing with, so instead of waiting to see what will happen, he preemptivvely pushes them. It's really making him out to look like a bully when I know he's not. Hopefully this overcompensation for being bullied himself in the past will crank back the other way again when he realizes the kids in the group are nice. So far the kids around here all seem really well behaved... there've been a few exceptions, but I'm pretty amazed. The 24-36 mongh playgroup yesterday was ok. It was kind of awkward at the beginning cause the other moms knew each other and kind of talked to each other, but once more people got there it was a little better. I also had to keep moving all around to continually discipline Kai so that didn't really help the friend making. I probably wouldn't go to that one again. We are hosting the 3 year old group at our house next week and people actually signed up to come so hopefully that will go well. I'm not sure about this whole playgroup thing in general though... I'll give it a chance, but I think maybe I'll be better at meeting people at playgrounds... it ends up being more 1 on 1 which I like. I'm pretty easy to get along with so hopefully we will have some friends soon. We love hanging out with Meredith and her kids but she works part time so we can't hang out as much as we'd like. We also like Melissa and Bennett, who are coming this weekend yay! But they also both work, so it's hard to meet more than once a month. Oh well I guess we'll see how the spring goes =). Last night we went to Chuck E. Cheese...Kai loves that place. We went to the one in Laurel which I liked better than the last one we went to. It was well lit and more open and not nearly as hot inside. Kai got 2 plastic spiders with the tickets he and daddy won. This morning my dollar store test was really dark yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment